Psychogeography via Post Boxes
Post box score
The excursion's gene sequence is the
E/G/V/O sequence you have recorded.
Collect some of these and seek genetic
similarities between different starting points.
- Move randomly until you encounter a post box.
A map of boxes in central Huddersfield
- Record the first letter of its Royal cipher (E,G,V). Record
O for the rare cases of no cipher.
On its collection plate will be a number (usually at
the bottom, following half a postcode); collect this number and
divide by 4.
(In the image, the number is 74, we "next right".)
- Remainder=0: continue in the direction you were heading
- Remainder=1: take next left
- Remainder=2: take next right
- Remainder=3: return the way you came
- Deal with cul de sacs,loops and inpenetrable obstacles as you
- ... until you've had enough.